There is a tendency within all of us that when life knocks us down, we want to stay down. Failure is always easier to remember than success and comes to our mind super quickly when something goes bad! However, there are those (on the field & in life) that choose to never give up…..no matter the circumstance.
The reality is, you can’t beat the person who never gives up. They go down but they don’t stay down. There is no tougher competitor than the one who will not yield and you know that they will scrap & claw until the final seconds. Teams of these individuals are special because collectively they thrive on adversity and no lead is ever safe against them. There are other teams however, that once they are down they are done. They have no fight and no grit.
I don’t know about you but I want to be the “never give up” category. How do we do that:
- Choose in advance to get up before you go down
- Settle that your circumstances will not dictate your feelings & emotions
- Focus on where you are going and not just where you are
- Surround yourself with others who “get back up as well”
- Remember to not put a period where God has only put a comma….Keep living and let God choose the ending!
“You just can’t beat a person who never gives up”!