I can’t imagine the emotions of Jesus 2000 years ago this week. Knowing that what began as the best week was about to turn into the worst week.
- A friend would betray you
- Your closest allies would deny you and hide
- You would be falsely accused
- You would be beaten beyond recognition and then hung up on a cross for the world to see
- You would be laid in a tomb that you or your family didn’t even own
Ever had a week that bad…..highly doubt it but we have all had “best – worst” weeks haven’t we? Things can change on a dime. If we leave the story at the tomb – it stays the worst week. But………the best/worst week actually finished with the BEST day ever!!
HE got up and walked out of the tomb – conquering what no other person could accomplish…..death!
Now – no matter how “worst” your life may get at times, His defeating death is always there to remind you that the BEST is still in store for you!!! Hang on buddy – the stone won’t stay there long!!!