There is not a person on the planet that wants the tough things of life but the reality is that we are shaped by them! There is no athlete that has not been on a court or a field that has not faced some sort of tough situation. What is it about tough situations that shape us?
- You find out what you are really made of. We may think we have something inside of us that we don’t until we are tested.
- You become less critical of others because you see what it feels like to learn the hard way.
- You discover things about you that you did not were there. You see that you may be tougher than you ever dreamed you could be.
- You learn that the key is being relisient. You have to bounce back quickly and get back to it!
- You figure out that the tough time will not last forever so you learn what you SHOULD and CAN while you are in it!!
- You understand that one of the greatest things you can do is NOT QUIT! Many times the breakthrough is just around the corner!
- You will always learn something that will help you help someone else later get through what they are going through
Joseph, one of the greatest characters of the Old Testament learned throughout his journey that tough times are part of life. He was constantly hitting times he didn’t deserve but he stuck in there during those tough situations and later on in his life reaped the benefits!
Are you in one right now….stick in there…don’t quit! The tough time will pass and you WILL come out on the other side!!!!